Home » Banff Sightseeing, Summer Activities, Winter Activities » Banff Upper Hot Springs
Banff National Park Hot Springs
BANFF, Alberta – The Banff Upper Hot Springs is a great way to “soak up” the Canadian Rockies.
As soothing as it is historic, the flow of natural spring water in the Banff Upper Hot Springs is currently insufficient to fill the pool. Until the Springs receive enough natural waters, municipal waters are pumped in. No matter; it’s still an awesome experience.
Since 1998, greater than normal reductions in winter flows from the source of the Banff Upper Hot springs have been experienced. This has occurred quite regularly each winter in the past decade. The flow always returns in the spring.
People from all over the world come here to enjoy this spectacular facility amidst a breathtaking Canadian Rockies backdrop.
Banff Upper Hot Springs features:
- Open year-round
- Restored 1930s heritage bathhouse
- Outdoor spring-fed hot pool with view of famous Mount Rundle Wading area for children
- Spacious change rooms with heated floors and family change/unit room
- Day spa offers a variety of massage therapies, steam room, aromatherapy, and wellness treatments – Pleiades Massage and Spa Gift Shop Indoor café
- Outdoor terrace with snack bar (Summer)
- Hours of Operation
- Banff Upper Hot Springs are open year-round. Extended hours offered during holiday periods.
Upper Hot Springs, Banff National Park 128 km west of Calgary 25 km east of the Castle Mountain Junction (Trans-Canada Highway) The Upper Hot Springs are on Mountain Avenue, four kilometres south of the Town of Banff. Follow Banff Avenue over the Bow River and turn left (east) at the last set of traffic lights. Follow the signs for 3.6 kilometres to the Hot Springs parking lot at the end of Mountain Avenue.
Want to ensure a spot at the Hot Springs when you visit? Book your admission through Banff Travel.
For more information on Canadian Rockies accommodations: Click here!
For more information on Canadian Rockies activites: Click here!