Home » British Columbia » British Columbia Downhill Skiing
British Columbia offers excellent skiing and snowboarding vacations
British Columbia has amazing mountains for skiing and snowboarding, and excellent hotels and resort for relaxing at afterward. That’s why British Columbia was selected as the Host Province for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
British Columbia resorts have the deep snowfalls, gian verticals, wide backcountry, diverse terrain, spectacular scenery and mild climate that provide the backdrop for big mountain skiing and snowboarding at winter resorts and family-friendly ski hills.
Ski Vancouver and Whistler
The Olympic Host City of Vancouver is home to three British Columbia ski areas. Only two hours away, you’ll find the award-winning British Columbia resort of Whistler and epic runs between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains.
More British Columbia Ski Resorts
British Columbia offers 13 ski resorts with terrain from black-diamond steeps and chutes, to wide open terrain and tree lines. Most British Columbia resorts offer ski-in, ski-out hotels and lodges, rentals and lessons.
Skiing and snowboarding is only the beginning in British Columbia. There are nearly limitless heli-skiing and cat-skiing opportunities, cross-country (Nordic) trails, snowshoeing and snowmobiling that make British Columbia an unbeatable winter playground.
British Columbia’s ski regions:
- Kootenay Rockies: Offers four distinct British Columbia mountain ranges with the longest lift-serviced vertical ride in North America.
- Thompson Okanagan: Award-winning, ski-in ski-out British Columbia hotels, excellent powder and one of the best family-friendly British Columbia resorts
- Vancouver, Coast & Mountains: Ski Whistler-Blackcomb, year after year known as the #1 ski resort in North America; ride the new gondola between the peaks of Whistler and Blackcomb.
- Vancouver Island: Sports some of the deepest natural snow in British Columbia, with vast views and mild winter weather.
- Northern British Columbia: Deep dry powder days, inspiring views, no lift lines and friendly British Columbia hospitality awaits vacationers at Northern BC’s alpine ski areas.
- Cariboo Chilcotin Coast: Sunny skies, short lift lines and more of the British Columbia laid-back atmosphere.
British Columbia resorts to check out
- Apex Mountain Resort
- Big White Ski Resort
- Fernie Alpine Resort
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort – Winter
- Kimberley Alpine Resort
- Mount Washington Alpine Resort
- Panorama Mountain Village
- Red Mountain Resort
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Silver Star Mountain Resort
- Sun Peaks Resort
- Whistler Blackcomb
- Whitewater Ski Resort