Home » Jasper Activities » 5 Jasper Quick Hike Ideas
Maybe you just got to Jasper National Park and want to do something, anything in this outdoor paradise before the day ends. Maybe it’s your last day, and you’ve got just a little time left to spare, and want to fill your vacation. Here’s 5 ideas for short hikes you can enjoy with 1 – 2 hours of time.
If you want to get a quick peak at Jasper, be sure to check out the Jasper webcam.
1. Pyramid Bench: This is a great network of trails you’ll find just on the edge of town. Offers great views and chances to see wildlife, especially in the fall.
2. Lake Annette Loop: Another great trail just outside of the town of Jasper. Great views, great trail. Not much more to say.
3. In-town hiking: You don’t have to even leave town to experience the beauty of Jasper National Park. Jasper townsite is surrounded by great mountain vistas, and there are plenty of great places to relax, enjoy a beer or some icecream (or both) and take in the scenery.
4. Old Fort Point Loop: A cool short hike that takes you to the top of a geological curiosity, a big lump of rock the glaciers left behind that now provides a great vantage point for seeing and photographing Jasper.
5. Maligne Canyon: Offers great views, lots of trials, opportunities for photography, and seeing wildlife. This is really more of a “must-see” when it comes to Jasper National Park.