Ski Canada: Hemlock Valley Resort

Home » Ski Canada » Ski Canada: Hemlock Valley Resort

Written by Cassidy Barnes posted on Monday, March 29th, 2010

0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes

Hemlock Valley is a family resort just two hours from Vancouver, a great choice for skiing in British Columbia.

A snowboarder catches some air off Hemlock's A-frame terrain park feature during a competition. (Hemlock Valley Resort)

The resort has 250 acres of skiable terrain high above Harrison Lake in the Canadian Rockies. The community at Hemlock is made up of quaint log cabins, town homes, condos and an alpine day lodge.

Overall, the mountain is rated as intermediate, with 60% of its 34 trails rated as such. The remaining 40% is split evenly between novice and expert terrain. Three chairs service the groomed trails, a terrain park and wide-open bowls.

The Snowschool at Hemlock offers lessons for every one, from adults to “tiny tots” as little as 2 years old. Private and group instruction available.

The Hemlock Ski and Board Club accepts members beginning at 6 years of age. It is a non-profit organization offering athletic and social programs to enhance the skiing experience for adults, teens and children. The club also offers various other events such as the Masters Ski Program for adults, ski swaps, BBQs, dances and club socials.

Snowshoe Adventures invites you to explore the beauty of the backcountry in the Hemlock area. Go with them for a guided base trek, an alpine adventure or sign up for their snowshoe and tubing package. And its not just a hike through the powder- along the way you’ll learn how to read weather and snow patterns, snow survival tips, avalanche awareness, how to identify and prevent frostbite, and how to build a snow cave, amongst other topics.

Cross-country skiers can also find a place to do their thing at Hemlock. And recent upgrades have improved and expanded the trails and Nordic facilities!

There are three restaurants at the resort: Molly Hogans, Hemock Room Cafeteria and the Summit Bistro.

The mountain is open for skiing from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday and Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the month of January.

Stay on the mountain or in nearby Agassiz, British Columbia, Canada.

Hemlock is about 60 miles (100 km) from Vancouver, BC (tire chains/cables required in winter). To reach the resort, take Highway 1 to Agassiz (Harrison Hot Springs exit) and follow Highway 9 through Agassiz to the Lougheed Highway 7. Go west to the Morris Valley Road, then turn right and follow the signs to the ski area.

Telephone: (604) 797-4411
Toll Free: 1-866-567-6866

Ski Canada

© 2019 Canadian Rockies Vacations Guide – Banff National Park. This site is owned and maintained by SA.